Friday, May 2, 2014

Refashioned some pajamas



 I had such a good day today, doing something that I have not done in ages.

 Today, I sewed.

A few days ago I went to Kmart and found some Joe Boxer pajamas on clearance for $1.99. I decided to buy three sets, but since I live in sunny (usually) Florida, and because they were extra large sizes, I knew that I would have to alter them a bit.

Today I didn't have to work, so I got right down to business.

Here is a photo of the pajama bottoms. A little big don't you think?
(added photo again after it was deleted somehow)





I tried them on, inside out, marked them, and made my first cut. There was no turning back now !





I got out the iron, and pinned the hem in place.









They were now perfect in length, and it was time to tackle the waist and sides.







It felt so great to try them on and see how well they fit. Ta - Da !!









Photo          

I had a few options for making a top, but I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do, and I wasn't ready to cut into that remaining checkered fabric. After looking through my sewing box, I came across this black turtle neck that had been in the closet for years.

I know it looks like my shorts are uneven, but they must have been bunched up.   whoops !








 

Photo: Shhh, don't tell Jack that my new top used to be his turtle neck shirt.

I cut off the sleeves and used the bottom cuffs of the bottoms to add a little trim.
I got rid of that turtle neck and did a quick blind stitch around the neck line.
I also took the shoulder seam down a few inches.

 Loving my new lounge wear !



Photo: Whipped up a top to go with my new bottoms. So comfortable!

I have a lot of material left to play with, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! You did a great job. I loved seeing you too. I'm going to have to try your meatballs. They looked good and much better for you. I bought a George Forman grill at a garage sale this weekend and got to try it for the first time last night, it was good and easy. Learning to cook better.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to learn how to use a sewing machine! So creative and talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting topic was covered in your post. Looks awesome!

    And I know butt lift jeans that are modified skinny jeans and reshape your body in a cool way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.