Sunday, December 22, 2013

Crowdtap - Hidden Valley® Ranch Fest

Blogger is giving me errors, so this will be quick. Why does this happen when I am on a deadline?

 


  Many weeks ago I received my Hidden Valley® Ranch Fest party pack through Crowdtap. My original party was scheduled for mid-November, but it had to be changed because the package had been delayed. It included a Hidden Valley Team Ranch T-shirt, that I thought was way too small for any of my guests. It was quite a surprise when I realized that it fit me. I'll even share a photo later to prove it. Me, a small? I'll take it !

The party pack was full of goodness. A bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing, which arrived just as we were running out in the house. SCORE !


 As Crowdtap would say, "It's time to tap that."

 
Look at all that yumminess.
 



There was a packet of Hidden Valley Original Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix, a packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix, packets of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, and a party insert with activities, recipes, and a coupon. It also came with samples for my guests, inserts with coupons, and a surprise gift. The surprise gift were two very handy chip clips. The luckiest man in the world even commented on how sturdy they were, and he knows his chip clips.


 (shown here with my carrots)


As I already said, my first scheduled party was canceled and I was a little bummed about that. We were having a luncheon at work and the boss was letting me bring my ranch party there.

It was getting closer to the deadline for this gathering and I just couldn't get anybody to commit to coming. People sure are busy during Christmas time, and it made it a bit hard to get them together. There was food to be made and fun to be had, so I whipped up some snack ideas and invited my peeps to stop by for a taste.


First we had the traditional carrots and dip and chips and dip.


 



I didn't have a lot to offer for salads, so I displayed the items in a fun way. Yes, I play with my food. Three of my guests ate the "faces" and left the salad plain. I tossed mine all in the bowl and smothered it with added ranch dressing.


 
 


I tried two different ideas with potatoes. I sliced a few, coated with oil, and baked in the oven. They were topped with salsa, sour cream, and cheese, and of course dipped in ranch dip.


 
 
These were a big hit.



The guest inserts included some great recipes, so I gave those a try as well.

Original Ranch Roasted Potatoes
1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
     2 pounds small red potatoes quartered

Place the potatoes and oil in a ziploc bag. Shake. Add the salad dressing mix and shake again. Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes.

I used russet potatoes and they came out delicious !




 


Here is the other recipe that looked too tempting to pass up.

Seasoned Popcorn
Sprinkle buttered popcorn with  Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix


Super easy and I can't believe that I have never tried it before. It is a new favorite of mine.


Everyone seemed to like the popcorn. I came back to take a photo and this is what I found.







You can find more recipes on their site.
https://www.hiddenvalley.com/


randomness



Dear Crowdtap, The next time I have a party I promise to invite people who love the camera as much as I do. Spoil sports !!



I received my Hidden Valley® Ranch Fest party pack through Crowdtap. This review contains my honest opinions, which I was not compensated for in any way.

3 comments:

  1. You always make everything look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I love Hidden Valley ranch but have never thought to do so much with it! I think I need to start using it more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.