Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week 4 update

 

Here we are in week four already. I was very pleased to find that I had lost one more pound. Things did not go as smoothly for me as in the previous weeks, so it was a nice surprise when I stepped onto the scale.

My mood has been really good lately, but I am almost always in a good mood. Yay me ! I had a really nice text chat with my youngest daughter. She sends me pictures of her belly every week and she has been sending me videos when the little guy is moving around a lot. I can't express how much this means to me. That little guy better wait until I get there before he decides to show up because it will make me sad if I don't get to rub her belly while she has a baby in it. She laughed when I told her this and said that I am putting so much pressure on the little guy. In the next breath she says that she really hopes that he doesn't wait a week and show up on her birthday. We are some demanding people huh? Poor little baby. He is due July 4th and I will have three weeks vacation from work to go there. Eight weeks to go !

I did have a little stress at work, but I won't even waste my time writing about it. The problem seems to have been solved and all is well in my little world.

The post about my 1000 miles never got written and now I am at 1061. I could have almost walked to Omaha by now. (no thanks)

Before I ramble too much I am going to list my days here so that I can have a visual of what I did last week.

  I love Mondays, because I always get to sleep in. No work for me and no golf for him. Today I logged 12,647 steps (7 miles), which was good for a day off work.

Dinner tonight was oatmeal, with chopped apples, a few raisins, and some crushed nuts.

Tuesday I was up early to spend time with the luckiest man in the world before he went golfing. Logged 10,445 steps. Only 5 miles today, but it was all at once, so that was good.

For dinner I had hot beef on a slice of wheat bread, mashed potatoes and gravy. (used up leftovers from roast night last week)

Wednesday I worked in the laundry room today and there was not much walking done. I logged 8800 steps. I will need to work on a way to get moving more when I am working in the laundry department.

We went out to dinner for our anniversary. I had Caesars salad, pork cutlet and linguine. It was delicious and I had the BEST company that a person could ask for. Ten years together and now we begin the next ten. (I love you MJ)

Thursday was a busy day back in the maintenance department. Walked 24,884 steps (12 miles), including 41 flights of stairs. It felt great after the last couple of days that I had.

My friend Ding Dong (don't you love her nickname?) told me about a great gumbo from  Zatarain's. The price was very good and I used my Endorse app on my phone to save even more. Do you use Endorse? If you have a smart phone you really should. There is also Ibotta app that earns you money on your shopping. Anyhow, back to the gumbo.  It was so easy to make and we loved it. I had leftover bread from last night and it made a wonderful dinner for us.

Friday was another good day at work. Logged 16,688 steps, including 35 flights of stairs. I'm really going to miss the walking that I get in the maintenance department, but I can't pass up the extra money and benefits that I have been offered to work in the laundry department. I also think it will be nicer when we reach heat index of over 100 degrees in the summer and I am inside. I remember last year I had to change my shirt halfway through my shift.

We had a craving for Taco Bell so we headed there after I finished with my work. I had a gordita and a bean burrito, but would have skipped that burrito if I had known the calorie count ahead of time. I think it was 350 for that little thing. YIKES ! For dinner we had leftover gumbo that I made last night. Good stuff.

Saturday is kind of a blur to me. It was a rainy windy day here, so I stopped working after only 4 hours and I went home. I laid down on the couch and fell asleep for hours. I did manage to walk 12,336 steps and 33 flights of stairs, so maybe that is why I was so tired.

I made us hamburgers and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I couldn't believe how many calories are in Kraft macaroni and cheese. It's a sin I tell you and no fair at all. I love that stuff!  When my kids were very small I would meet with my sisters and cousins once a week and we would play cards. We had 12 children there and I remember how we would make a few boxes of macaroni and cheese and that is what we fed the kids for lunch. They would all sit on the floor in the kitchen with their little bowls. It's funny to think back on things now. We made them sit on the floor? Sorry kids !

Sunday I worked almost 9 hours in the laundry department and barely logged 10,000 steps. I was so sore when I got home. With all of the rotating my body is doing to get linen and fold it I should be seeing inches dropping from my arms and hips. Come on inches, DROP!  If it works then I will have to start folding with my legs, because my thighs need to lose a few inches.

For the longest time we would always have fried chicken on Sunday night. For a few months now we have been alternating with other things, to change it up a little. Tonight I did make the fried chicken and I limited myself to a 4 oz piece. When I made the mashed potatoes I only prepared half of the pouch to be sure that we did not eat more than one serving size. I did the same with the creamed corn. I am loving these new changes and we are not feeling like we are being deprived of food.

So there you have it; my week of eating. Most days were really good. I was a little slack on my water, but now I am using a 32 ounce bottle, and I am filling it 2-3 times per day.

Fitness? Eh, not so much. I am not going to make any excuses. The reason that I am not doing any workouts is because I am just too darn lazy to do them. I had big plans a month ago and I have not followed through with them. It will happen though. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So excellent with the walking and flights of stairs!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats n the loss!!!
    Thats a lot of flights of steps!!
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow on all those stairs! That's amazing to me seeing since I can't seem to catch my breath enough for even 1... LOL! You are rocking the miles, looking good on the eating and dropping the weight. It'll be interesting to see if the change in your job duties do affect your inches. Kudos, oh & Happy belated anniversary:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.