Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas and Spanish Rice

 I was so excited about dinner tonight. I tried a new recipe and I want to write it out here before I forget.

 Months ago I receive a free can of Progresso Recipe Starter creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce. I was determined to use it this week in a recipe and I found a recipe on the Progresso site. Mine is altered a little, so I am going to share that with you here. I also created my own spanish rice recipe, from scratch ! I get so excited when I have a new recipe.




Here are the ingredients I used :
 1 can of Progresso Recipe Starter creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
 1 tsp of tabasco sauce (because that's all I had)
 1 tsp ground cumin

 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
 5 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
 1/2 cup of sour cream

 8 flour tortilla (today I used 3 large and 5 small because that is what I had on hand)

------------------


Mix the first 3 ingredients together in a small bowl.

 
 
Spray your baking dish with spray and spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in bottom of baking dish.

Mix the next 4 items together in a different bowl, using only half of the shredded cheese. Add 1/2 cups of the sauce mixture to this.

 
 
Now you are going to spoon about 1/2 cups of this chicken mixture onto a large tortilla (1/4 cup if using taco size). Roll up tortilla, and lay in the baking dish seam side down.
 
 
 
Top enchiladas with remaining sauce mixture and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
 
 
 
 
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. 


 DELICIOUS !!
 
=============
 I decided that I wanted spanish rice, but I didn't have any. I did find a couple of recipes online, so I took a few hints from them and made my own.
 
 This is only for 2-3 servings
 
 1 Tbsp olive oil
 1 cup Minute rice
  1/2 cup diced onion
 1 tsp garlic powder
 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  2 Tbsp tomato paste
 pinch of Oregano
 
 Brown the rice in the olive oil
 
 
Add the onion and garlic powder and continue to brown about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
I would have used minced garlic clove, but I was in a hurry.
 
 
 
 
At the same time you want to get your chicken broth ready. I boiled water and added a boullion cube to make mine.
 
Add your tomato paste to the broth and the oregano.
 
 
 
Combine the broth and your rice, cover and cook until rice is tender. This only took about 10 minutes for mine. I had some diced tomatoes in the refrigerator, so I added about 1/4 cup. Add more water if needed.
 
 

 
 
 
Everything turned out so good ! 

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. How about sending some over here to Rome?:) You made me hungry!I am a new follower on GFC.

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!! That looks sooo delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.