Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week two weigh in




 As I mentioned in my last post, week #2 of the 100 day weight loss challenge has come to an end and here we are zooming right through week #3. Time sure flies !

Things are going really well for me, although I have yet to do a darn workout. It is going to happen though as soon as I figure out when I will do it. Yes, I do walk, but I need to do more. I haven't even done more than 10 squats per day. Right now I am not stressing, because I am doing so well at all of my goals.

  We have been doing great with our menu and portion sizes. During week two I averaged about 94 ounces of water per day. Right now I am chugging another 24 ounces, which gets me to 84 for the day. Guess who is going to be up in the middle of the night now? TMI??

  My happy little feet have still been making their rounds and dancing on the beautiful beach. Last week I walked another 70 miles. As of this writing I have walked 961 miles for the year. In April I have logged 246 miles already and I am super excited about that.

  I did mention that the scale came last week. I have named it Simon, and Simon says that I have lost between 3-4 pounds during this journey. I remember commenting last week about my weight loss and assuming it would be temporary. It pleases me to see the numbers are still going down. For months and months I have watched it fluctuate so much that it didn't really register in my mind that it was going up more than it was going down. Before I knew it I had gained more than 20 pounds.

  The other day I was talking to a lady at work and we both mentioned the "age thing". You know the one I mean right? Women hit a certain age and they start gaining weight. It might be true, but that just means I will need to work harder to keep the weight off. This group has really helped me to finally get moving and I can't thank 
Nicole
enough.  Julie really should get the credit because her blog post is what got me started. THANK YOU LADIES !!

As much as I enjoy rambling, I am going to end this post, because it's getting late here. Another goal that I have been sticking with is bedtime at 11pm, and I have a few more things to finish up so I need to scoot.

I will make the rounds to everyone's blogs and start leaving comments, I promise I will.


2 comments:

  1. I love that you named your scale!!!

    I dont think you can say you havent worked out!! You walk quite a bit!! And thats a workout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying that. You are sweet and also such a big support to me too.
    I have found it hard to get regular exercise in so have decide to start slow where I can fit it in. I get my walking in but need to core exercise so am just doing to do some fish flopping exercise. This week a count of 10 of everything that comes to mind, each day 10. Than the following 2 sets of 10, week 3, 3 sets of 10 and the same for week 4. I am hoping to build some muscles before I head to the BWCA on week 6.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.
    With Mike home now I'm in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.