Monday, April 15, 2013

Week one results - plans for week two

 
 
Some of my numbers changed since my last post , because I had to add the rest of the weekend totals, so I am posting the end totals here.
 
SUCCESS
 
 Averaged 90 oz of water per day, so I think I can raise the goal for next week. 
 
I stayed within my coffee allowance, avoided Oreos, didn't grab any candy from the office, and made our menu plan for the week.
 
Steps walked last week =  124,097
 
 
NON SUCCESS -
        No fitness plan done for week one.
 

  Weekends are not my problem days, because I work on Saturday and I usually spend Sunday out walking. My bad days are Monday and Wednesday. One reason for that is because my guy is home on those days and I enjoy spending time with him. Another reason is that I am usually catching up on my online activities, like checking emails, entering contests, and working on survey sites. Sometimes I think that I have way too much going on. (Don't tell my guy I said that)

  Today I sat on the couch, watching TV and doing things online until after 2 PM. Finally, I headed out for a walk and it was so hot when I did. I was overdressed and at one point I figured that I could just come back home and call it a rest day. After about 40 minutes I did come back home, but instead of sitting back down on the couch I changed into shorts and went walking for another 30 minutes. It always frustrates me when I spend the day inside only to find out that it is a GORGEOUS day.

  At around 5 my walking buddy called and asked if I wanted to go with her so I went out for our normal route. We usually get in about 2.5 miles a day. It was a really good walk tonight and I am glad that she called me. 



   WEIGH IN


This morning I got on the scale and was very surprised to see that I had lost 1.5 pounds. As much as I would like to be happy I just don't think it will stay that way. I see the number on the scale go up and down all of the time. I have stayed within the same 5 pound area for months now.

Today I downloaded an app called Lose It and I love the fact that you can scan the food products to log them. This will be very helpful to me in logging my food and I think that it is going to become a very good tool for me. In the past have tried multiple ways to keep track of the calories that I take in, but I was always discouraged when I had to look up the foods. This could very well be the key to my weight loss success. 



GOALS FOR WEEK TWO


Wednesday I will take an early walk so that I don't end up beating myself up over it like I did today.

Raising my water intake goal to 80, but I will be aiming for 100 to see if I can do it.

Walking goal is 100,000 steps (10,000 non-work days and 20,000 on work days)

Continue to have dinner finished by 7 with no eating after that.

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday  I will do a fitness workout.
 


3 comments:

  1. Awesome week!!! Great goals!! I call it a successful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is a loss, so take it and enjoy it. I too just lost 1.5 lbs and I'm happy...well could of been more but like I told you will take and enjoy.
    Your goals are great. You will do awesome, I know it. Good luck this week.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the walking/steps & the loss. It's always great when it's a loss so you gotta be happy with that & just do what you gotta do to keep it that way. I've used Lose It before but I tend to like Myfitnesspal better, have you tried that at all? They have scanning capabilities also and more of a networking type atmosphere whether you use their website or the phone apps. Just thought I'd toss it out there:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.