Monday, April 29, 2013

Week #3 results

 

  Week #3 and how it went :

I lost an extra .3 (yes that's a point three)

We are doing very good on the menu plan and sticking to it. According to MyFitnessPal I have been under 1200 calories every day. I'm doing great on my portion sizes and have not been craving any sweets. The candy dish in the main office downstairs is probably missing me.

Monday was my oatmeal day. For years I would have oatmeal on Monday night and it feels great to be back in that habit. Lately I have been adding chopped up apples to spruce it up a little. Tonight I went all wild and crushed up some nuts and added a few raisins.

Tuesday I made the crock pot orange chicken that someone posted on Facebook. It was pretty good, but I don't see myself rushing to make it any time soon. It's one of those recipes that will be brought out once every 3-4 months. We did enjoy the leftovers the next day. 

Wednesday was a challenge for me, because the luckiest man in the world wanted sloppy joes. I can't blame him, because I make them so good. Not only did I serve mine on a bed of lettuce (that sounds so fancy, doesn't it?), but I measured it out so that I only had 1/4 of the dish. Back in the day (two months ago) I would have eaten half of the dish and used one or two hamburger buns. I also topped my meal with some mandarin oranges, which added a nice flavor.

Thursday I searched online for a recipe to make a pot roast. You will find the recipe here on my blog. It turned out so good and will be a big hit in our home for many years to come, I believe. I posted the recipe and so many of my friends said that they wanted to try it. Even my mom wants to make it when I visit in July. I like sharing my recipes with my friends and family. We still have some leftovers of this and I will have a lot of gravy waiting in the freezer for another day.

Friday was pretty easy. I had a beer brat, baked beans, and home-made potato salad. Again, I was very careful with my portion sizes and I opted for no bun.

Saturday I broiled pork chops and served them with stuffing and corn on the cob. One little serving of each. Dang I'm being so good !

Sunday was probably the most calorie day with my chicken nuggets. I had planned on having a salad, but decided to finish the package of onion rings that were in the freezer. They weren't very good at all, which is probably good because I only ate a few.

My biggest problem now is trying to figure out how to work my leftovers into meals without it being boring. I think that Tuesday will now become my day to prepare the menu for the week, since it is my day off slash "get everything done that I didn't get done in the past 6 days" day.


Things to consider going into week #4:


Do I feel like I am where I want to be going into week #4?

Yes ! I am very proud of my progress up to this point. For a long time I watched the scale go up and it's nice to finally see it moving the other direction.

What has worked for me the last three weeks?

Logging my water really helped me to get back on track and it keeps me away from the diet coke. I wasn't a big diet coke drinker, but drinking even less is good. Last week I mentioned how hard it was for me to log my food and that has become so easy with MyFitnessPal. Things are so much better for me when I am keeping track.

Am I getting the support I need?

The luckiest man in the world has been awesome and has even started watching portion sizes along with me. There have been a couple of nights when I would ask if he wanted a snack and he was quick to remind me of my rules of no eating past 7pm. He is helping to keep me on track.

What foods have I been eating that I need to leave behind in week #3?

  Sometimes when I visit my friend Ding Dong I will grab a mini candy bar out of her candy dish. I was happy to see grapes there for the past few days. Those candy bars are evil! Earlier I said that I wasn't craving sweets, and that is true, but I have a weakness when they are in my face.

Am I pushing myself enough and getting enough exercise?

  I still need to add a few things to my day, like ab work and leg exercises. I am getting tired of saying this.


Where am I mentally, physically, and emotionally?

HAPPY, HAPPY, AND HAPPY


I WALKED 1000 MILES SO FAR THIS YEAR. WATCH FOR THAT BLOG POST SOON.


7 comments:

  1. Your mileage is amazing!!!
    Its wonderful to see you happy and feeling good!!! This week was a success!!!
    I love my fitness pal too!!! Its amazing how it helps keep things in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. Your comments always make me smile.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the 1000 miles, that's AWESOME!! Sounds like a great week & some great support... and oh so happy:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Things are going very well for me. I hope it stays this way.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I borrow your most awesome support for a week or two? I think I could handle someone supporting what I do instead of just ignoring it. He doesn't add to it but also doesn't help any either. I am so glad you have him.
    You really are doing so good. And girl, the more I read your posts the more I love your writing. Each time I read I feel like your talking to me, just across the table. I love it.
    Good luck this week. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Julie. We have certainly been 'together' for a long time.
      You can borrow my supporter, but he wants me to tell everyone that he is really mean. (smiles)

      Delete

Comments make me smile.