Thursday, April 25, 2013

POT ROAST ON THE STOVE - recipe



Stove Top Pot Roast

1 1/2  tablespoon vegetable oil
3 pound beef chuck roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cubes beef bouillon
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 stalks celery, chopped
6 small red potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Place the roast in the pot, and quickly brown on all sides.

Fill the pot with enough water to cover half of the roast. Add the cream of mushroom soup and bouillon cubes. Add the onion, garlic powder, and celery. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Add potatoes and carrots; simmer for an additional 1 hour, or until roast can be pulled apart with a fork. Taste, and adjust salt and pepper if needed before serving.

note : since I used the soup I did not add additional salt, but I did add a Chinese 5 spice that I have.

I removed the roast and vegetables, thickened the juice into a gravy, and returned the vegetables to the juice/gravy while I cut up the roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.