Monday, April 8, 2013

100 days to a better me



   I have joined the 100 day weight loss challenge at Colie's Kitchen with 12 others. The challenge will begin today, with the ending date being July 16th.
YAY TO US !!

 The main reason that I wanted to join in was for the accountability. There are a lot of things in my life that used to be very scheduled and my health and fitness was one of them. I I used to eat oatmeal every Monday night. I used to plan out my menu a week in advance, and I used to be very strict about not eating after 7 pm. I don't know what happened exactly, but all of those "rules" vanished from my life.  I liked it the way it was, and this is one step in the right direction to getting things back in order.

  As far as the other group members, we are not in competition with each other and I think that is important. I can't wait to get to know the others and to read about their journeys. Hopefully we will be able to inspire and motivate each other to achieve our individual goals.

 Some people may not understand why I think that I need a group like this because I am not heavy, but I am overweight by at least 25 pounds. Even my Wii Fit tells me that I need to lose weight. I use a diet application on my phone and the BMI number that stares at me daily is not a friendly number.

  Speaking of BMI, I recently won an awesome Omron scale that will actually tell me my BMI and I am anxious to get it in the mail. I just hope it doesn't make me cry when I see the flashing screen. When I won it I told myself that the day it came I would really get moving. Of course I knew that it would almost take two months to get here, so I pretty much set myself up to continue on the same path that I was on.

  I have always had muscular legs, but they are now out of control. A big goal for me is to lose at least 3 inches in each thigh. I know that I can do it and I am going to get it done.

  Those of you that are new to my blog will soon learn that I am an avid walker. I walked almost 2500 miles last year. (no kidding) This year I have already walked 796 miles. My body is now used to all of those miles and I really need to add other workouts to my week. Every time I try this I get about two week in and then I stop. It's time to be consistent.

I will save the rest of my ramblings and end here with a few goals, but don't worry; I'll be rambling again.

GOALS FOR THE WEEK

1 - 10000 steps a day on non-work days. 20,000 steps a day on work days.

2 -  64 oz of water a day - no more than 2 cups of coffee per day. (allowing myself 3 on Monday or Wednesday, but not both)

3 - Write out my menu for the week. No eating after 7pm

4 - Create a fitness plan for arms/legs/ and abs


In addition to this I will :

Step away from the Oreos, after I eat just one more.
Stop grabbing a piece of candy when I walk past the main office downstairs.
No more than 2 Diet Cokes per week.

 FITNESS CALENDARS THAT I WILL BE WORKING WITH: THESE ARE NOT MINE... CREDIT IS POSTED UNDER EACH ONE.


photo credit goes to https://www.facebook.com/groups/229629423799274/


photo credit goes to https://www.facebook.com/runningmombdavis929?fref=ts
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I LOVE the calenders you made. Very inspiring. I love walking too, but don't have time for as much as you do. But most of my exercise is from walking.
    Good luck with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you will do awesome Ronalee. You know, I like that squat challenge but I have to start with a less number because if my legs don't work, the kids are not getting to and from school because I can't walk the steps into the bus. I am going to copy your calendar and just 1/2 the numbers and go from there and then next month use the real one. I keep saying I'm going to get into some kind of exerise routine but it's so not routine. Squats I can do just waiting for stuff.
    Good luck Ronalee, you will knock this challenge right out of the ball park.
    Take care and have an awesome and blessed day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nicely organized and inspiring (as Betty said:-) I look forward to hearing how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! I love those calendars!!! Great goals!! With accountability and encouragement we can do this!!!! Heres to a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your calendars look great! You are so organized!
    Can't wait to see how you do this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are so organized! I need to get it together! You make me feel bad lol j/k! Is there a good way to do squats that don't kill your knees I have such bad knees I am always afraid they are going to lock up on me. Great job! It's so nice to have you as part of the group. Don’t Forget! The 100 day challenge week 1 Friday Round up will post at 5am cst. at www.colieskitchen.com I hope to see your Friday link up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.