Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mamavation 2weekchallenge

Some of you may remember me talking about Mamavation before. I am part of the newest two week challenge. This means that for two weeks I am following a set workout plan along with all of the other members who have joined. At last count there were over 70 participants.

There are some women will be posting their food intake and deep down I know that this would be a huge benefit to me, but I will not be doing that. Maybe I will be ready to take that step the next time around, especially if I have not been able to lose this extra weight.

The week started yesterday, but we had a busy day so I didn't get around to doing the workout. It makes me a bit grumpy that I am already one day behind, but it is nice to have a rest day that also counts as a make up day, if needed.

Before I could get started today I needed to do the hardest part, and that would be the measuring and weighing. I already weigh myself (too often), so that wasn't much of a surprise to me. Writing down the numbers made me feel very sad. I would like to lose 20 pounds by summer and lose quite a few inches. Somebody replaced my thighs with bigger ones and I want mine back.

Here is what our workout looked like for day 1 :

Warm-up: Criss Cross Jumps x60

This was done in pyramid sets. It will be done once more this week and twice next week.

Starting with the first exercise in the list and do 1 rep. Immediately do 2 reps of the same exercise then 3 reps, 4 reps, 5 reps, all the way up to 10 reps. I did the math and that makes 55 total.

We rest 30 seconds after the last set and then move on to the next exercise, starting again with 1 rep all the way up to 10 reps for that exercise.

Push-ups
Bicep Curls
Dumbbell Bench Press
Hammer Curls
Dumbbell Row
French Press
Wide Row
Triceps Kickback

My pushups are done against the wall and done very gently, because of my bad wrists. For the rest of the exercises I alternated between 3 pound weights and 6 pound weights., using the heavier ones as much as possible. The goal is to only use the 6 pound weights from now on.

I felt so weak during this arm work, but I completed every set. My arms felt like rubber by the time I finished the French Presses. My arms were shaking as I did my last Tricep Kickback. I felt very proud when I finished.

Tomorrow I work and then I will be doing day 2. Here is a peek of what that will be.

Daily Goal: 10,000 steps

Warm-up: Foot Fires 1 minute

Workout:
Burpees x10
Alternating Lunge x16
Squats x10
Kick and Lunge x10 each side
Burpees x15
Alternating Lunges x20
Squats x15
Kick and Lunge x15 each side
Burpees x20
Alternating Lunges x26
Squats x20
Kick and Lunge x20 each side
Burpees x15
Alternating Lunges x20
Squats x15
Kick and Lunge x15 each side

Resting 30 seconds in between each set.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Now that is some work out. Good luck. Be careful not to push to hard at first, get it done but just be careful. Take care. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.