Tuesday, December 4, 2012

KIKKO - MAN THAT'S GOOD



Kikkoman Soy Sauce Brine 

 I finally got around to cooking that chicken, and it was possibly my best chicken ever. Let me take you through the process .... c'mon along 




 #1 Get yourself a chicken, remove the giblets, and rinse that naked bird. A little spank on the bottom, to show him who is boss, never hurts.


#2 Since I am a rebel I did not use the recipe that I found online. I will share it with you here and tell you my changes. 

~  1 gallon of water (easy breezy right?)
~  3/4 cup Kosher salt  (I used 1/2 cup of table salt instead)
* recipe says that you can use 25% MORE table salt if you don't have kosher salt. I could not get myself to use over a cup of salt, mostly because it would have depleted my salt inventory, but also because THAT'S A LOT OF SALT!!
~ 2/3 cup sugar
~ 3/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce (pert near the whole 10oz bottle)
~ 1/4 cup Olive oil 
 

#3 You put all of that in your big cooking pot and stir to dissolve the sugar and salt. Photo included in case you don't know how to stir.  


#4 Grab that chicken and give it the plunge


bye bye little chicken

#5 Make room in the refrigerator and take a nap for 4 hours 


mmmm  cupcake !!

 

mmmm  beer  :) 

#6  Wake up from long nap, remove chicken from it's bath, rinse and pat dry. (the bird)
 
#7 Prepare as usual - here is a peek at the spices I use to rub down my chicken, inside and out. 
 
     2 tsp salt - 1/2 tsp white pepper - 1 tsp paprika - 1/4 tsp pepper - 1/4 tsp garlic powder - 1/2 tsp onion powder




Normally I would bag the chicken and put him in the refrigerator for 4 hours before cooking, but since the little guy had already spent half the day inside the refrigerator I spared him that. 


#8 Cook at 350 degrees. 20 minutes per pound, plus additional 15 minutes for good measure. If you know your chicken, you will know when it is done. 

It will look like this when you cut into it


Can you say JUICY ??!?!?!


Can you say DELICIOUS ?!?!


Can you say...
 DING!!!  DINNER IS SERVED !! 

IT WAS VERY TENDER AND JUICY. SIMPLE TO DO, AND I WILL BE DOING IT AGAIN. 


THANK YOU SMILEY360

#Recipe #JuicyBirdProject  #smiley360 #ThatsAlotOfhashtags




I received a free sample courtesy of Smiley360 
 (in all honesty, the free sample got lost in the mail, but I think they are re-sending)

All opinions written here are my own - imagine that

2 comments:

  1. This really sounds and looks good. I just might have to give it a try.
    Also good luck with your running. It doesn't matter how far your go, just as long as you go. I'm still working on that too. However I did surpass my goal this year of first 650 miles to 1000 miles.
    Take care and have an awesome day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your goals Julie :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.