Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Is this a review blog now, or what?

Hey everyone !!
 I belong to a group at Swaggable.com and they send out products to be reviewed. Since I am doing my reviews for them I figure I may as well write about it here as well. Perhaps somebody will read something that they like. you just never know. 

 Things in my life have been different over the past few months and I am really trying to get back into my routine, which seems kind of funny to me because I never really had a routine to begin with. 

 There have been a few things happening with my family and I thought that I would open up here on my blog and share those, but I find myself staring at the screen while many thoughts rush through my head, and I have not been able to share. Perhaps the time will come. We will see. 

 We have had sadness that no family should have to endure, but I believe that we are on the mend. Through it all I have learned a few things and I have seen an amazing growth in certain family members that was long overdue. I am hoping that things will continue to improve and I am keeping faith that the new bonds that have been made in my family will stay strong.  

 I would like to thank the followers/friends that have messaged me and told me that they missed me. I appreciate the time that you took to send me a message. 

 and now...  on with my little review. 





 I received a packet of Grape Seed Eye Cream and my first thought was "wow, thanks for the one application", but I had to take back my words as soon as I used it. I literally only used a couple of small dots to apply this to my eyes. It seemed a bit watery, but it also had a nice creamy texture to it. After dabbing it around my eyes I could feel a little tightening in my skin, which is always a good thing at my age. (a few years shy of 50)

After a few minutes I did notice a small amount of burning in my eyes, but I think that it may be because I rubbed my eyes a little after the application. I would warn people from doing this themselves. 


I went to the web site to check the price and I think that it is a very good price at $18.99. Normally I don't spend much money on my skin care (maybe I should), and I think that this price is very reasonable. 


My little packet is going to give me quite a few uses, and although I couldn't tell what size bottle they were actually selling on the web site, I do know that it would last for quite a long time. 

If I were shopping for an eye cream I would certainly think about purchasing this item.






I also received the new Avocado Night Cream from Nature’s Gate. Who doesn't love avocado products!?! 


 It sells for $16.99 on their web site and I was given a $2 coupon, which makes it an awesome deal.
The product is made with Avocado Oil, which is known for its high Vitamin E content, and I think most people know how important that is for our skin. 


My first impression as I applied it to my face was that it was nice and creamy and not real thick like other night creams that I have used in the past. A little bit goes a long way and my sample will last me for probably a week. 


As I was rubbing it into my face I started thinking that it was feeling a little greasy, but then it became a nice soft sensation as it soaked into my skin. I could see it improving my dry spots instantly, and that is a huge plus for me. With the colder, drier days coming, this night cream would be a great addition to my beauty routine. Hmmmm .. do I have a beauty routine?


It has a pleasant smell that is not overbearing, which is great when I am going to apply it right before bed. Sometimes I put my night cream on and when I am laying in bed the smell will bother me. With this product I will not have to worry about that. 


As I said earlier, I think that it is a very good value and a jar of this would last for a long time. The only downfall that I noticed was that I kept wanting to touch my face because it felt so smooth and I need to keep my hands off of my face so that I don't break out. 


You can find out more information about this product at their web site


http://www.shopnatures-gate.com


 Also, you can join swaggable yourself if you like to try new products. 

http://swaggable.com/


ta ta for now   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.