Monday, June 4, 2012

15 interesting facts about me



Summer Blog Challenge Day 3 


1. I love photography and I try to take my camera with me, wherever I go. I also love walking and it is getting very hard to find a balance between these two hobbies. Not easy to walk when you want to stop and take pictures all the time. (is walking a hobby?)


2. I have a twin brother who was born three minutes before me. They didn't even know I was there until I made my entrance. (surprise !!)  I lived 1500 miles away from him when he broke his hand and the time that he dislocated his shoulder, and I felt the pain. I gave birth three times, so I think that we are even now. 



3. Both of my baby toes curl over the other toes. When I was very young my mother took me to the doctor and they taped them down. I guess they thought that eventually the tendons would stretch and they would stay that way. After we left the doctor I found it very hard to walk. Instead of just removing the tape, my mom carried me to the bus. I don't remember many things from when I was little, but I can remember her carrying me that day.
 
4. When I was in 3rd grade I was in the hospital to have my bladder and kidneys checked.  I lied to the doctor when he asked me if it hurt. After I returned to school from that hospital visit, my teacher lectured me for not thanking the class for their gifts. I felt guilty for a very long time for fibbing to the doctor and for not thanking my classmates.

5. At the age of 23, I divorced my first husband, gave up custody of our two daughters, and moved 1500 miles away.  They grew up without their mom.  




6. I re-married and had a third daughter. She taught me how to love myself again.

7. My three girls are all adults now, and I have an amazing relationship with each of them.  My oldest daughter has given me two awesome grandsons.



8. After 15 years of marriage, I left my second husband and moved 2000 miles away. He went into hiding and we still have not divorced. (It has been ten years)

9. I have lived in 5 different states. (Nebraska, Arkansas, California, Pennsylvania, and Florida)

10. I am left handed when I write and eat, but I use my right hand for almost everything else. I recently realized that I use both hands when I sweep and mop. When I play tennis (or table tennis) I am always switching hands.

11. December of 2010 I slipped on a moon jellyfish and sprained both my wrists. I love telling that story. It took a very long time to heal up from that and I will always have troubles with my wrists.

12. I met my guy in an AOL chat room in 2003. He is my soul-mate and treats me like a woman should be treated. We had a long distance relationship for 4 years and have been living together now for 5 years.

13. Sometimes I read a book in one day, and sometimes I go months without reading at all. It makes me sad that I don't read anymore, but I find it hard to tear myself away from the Internet.

14. We have a condo in Florida and a house in Nebraska. In 2010 I spent half the year at each place.  I went up to Nebraska to sell the house this year and we decided to rent it out instead. It makes me much happier to stay in Florida and not bounce back and forth.

15. I can wiggle my ears.

I found this site while looking for an ear wiggle GIF



========================

  AND TO CATCH UP WITH THE REST OF THE GROUP 

Day #4

                                  THE MEANING BEHIND MY BLOG NAME

                     It's a secret
                     (sweet smile)

4 comments:

  1. WOW GREAT FACTS ON YOU!!! I THINK YOU ARE SO BRAVE TO HAVE MOVED SO FAR AWAY SO MANY TIMES I AM SO NOT A MOVER. I WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN THE SUMMER BLOG CHALLENGE IT SEEMS I AM ALWAYS LATE ON THESE ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO GET ON THEM EARLY? I WILL READ A BOOK IN A WHOLE EVENING WHEN I WORKED THE NIGHT SHIFTS I WOULD GRAB A BOOK AND READ UNTIL DAWN UGH.... HOPE THE WRISTS ARE HEALED :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I just happened to read a blog from somebody else who had joined the summer blog challenge and I followed the link from there. I was 4 days behind but they were easy to catch up. (especially since I opted out of answering #4)
      There is a button on my side bar that will take you to the site.
      Thanks again for such a nice comment.

      Delete
  2. Hi I am following you from the Hop and really liked the facts you gave. It must have been hard moving away from your 2 girls, my husband's mother also did the same when they were young... but they have a great relationship with her. We also gave her 2 grandchildren who she loves dearly.
    I hope you check my facts and follow back. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jillian, I will be sure to drop by and get to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.