Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fitness guru or couch potato?

Summer Blog Challenge day 16
--Fitness guru or couch potato?

 I strive to be a guru, but it hasn't happened yet. My favorite activity is walking. Can a person be addicted to walking? If so, I am pretty sure that I am. 

 Last year I found a group of bloggers that had a challenge to walk 400 miles for 2011. It is the reason that I started writing my blog.  I walked 1400 miles, I think. 

 This year I made a goal to walk 1800 miles, but secretly I made another goal to walk 2012, since it is the year 2012 and a lot of people were doing this. 

 As of today I have logged 1343 miles, so I am well on my way to reaching my goal. 

Here are my daily totals for the past 30 days. 


 Here are my stats for the past year. 



 Do I do anything else? Eh, not so much, but I really want to. I love my Just Dance and Zumba for my Wii Fit, but I don't do them as often as I should. 

 There is a facebook page that I joined and every month they have a new calendar for us to follow, with a new routine every day. I thinking I did about 2 weeks faithfully and that was it. 

 I have won many fitness Cds and I pull one out every so often. 

Perhaps I need to set a new fitness goal for myself. 

How about you?  Couch potato or fitness Guru? 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE WALKING TO MY HUSBAND GOT ME A NEW FANCY PEDOMETER TO HELP ME STAY MOTIVATED BUT I TEND TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR OR ON MY DESK ETC...THE DOGS HAVE TAKEN OVER MY COUCH WHICH SAVES ME FROM BECOMING A COUCH POTATO-ER BUT I AM BY NO MEANS A GURU! I DO LOVE MIKE MYERS IN THE MOVIE GURU LOL. I AM IMPRESSED WITH YOUR MILES WALKED GOOD JOB LADY :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing the miles you put in. I thought I was doing good but no where near what you've done. Awesome!! Keep it up. I'm not sure what my number will be next year but last year was 400, this year 650, next year ??
    Take care and keep on walking. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the Facebook page you were talking about?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.