Saturday, June 2, 2012

Daily Challenge

Today's challenge at https://challenge.meyouhealth.com/

Set a timer for 15 minutes and rearrange your closet so the key items you wear are in front.

How to do it
Set a timer for 15 minutes and rearrange your closet to make the morning rush less hectic. Remove all items that require ironing, dry cleaning, or mending. Move out-of-season and infrequently worn items to the back of the closet. Then slide eight to 10 key pieces or outfits and shoes that you wear often to the front of the closet so they're within easy reach.
Why it matters
Multiple wardrobe changes can be a major time waster in the morning as you're trying to get out the door to work or school. Organizing experts report that you wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time, so save time by placing those often-worn items front and center in your closet. After all, the less time you spend trying things on and looking for clothing or shoes, the more time you have for other important morning to-dos, like eating a good breakfast or just taking a few moments to plan your day.

I can't do this because my clothes are sorted by color and style. My half of the closet is behind the bedroom door and I can't get a good angle, so here is a shot of MJ's side of the closet. I always keep his stuff so much more organized. I wonder why that is?  


You can see here, his golf shirts on the right, and t-shirts on the left, all color coordinated. (some black jeans hanging in the middle) Mine are similar to this, but I have more than two types of hanging shirts so it doesn't look as nice to me. 

Does anyone else do this?

 I love the daily challenge and I have met a lot of wonderfully inspiring people there. Every day they send you a new challenge and you can decide a particular track that suits your needs. 

I am in the Time Management track and on a 380 day streak for completing the challenges, which makes me all giddy. 

 I do love a good challenge. 

Let me know if you decide to join up !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.