Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'M A HOT MESS !



   THIS IS ME EARLIER TODAY
YUP, A HOT MESS
 
It has been a  catch up day for me on my workouts. It is mid-afternoon as I am writing this and I still feel like I want to get more done. Do you ever have those days when you are just full of energy? Mine never come on the days that I work. 
 
The first thing that I did this morning was head out for a 5 mile walk. It was already getting hot and I am so glad that I got out the door early. My initial plan was to catch the moon as it vanished, but the sun came out too soon and ruined my view. We don't have many visitors here on the Island, so I pretty much had the beach to myself. 
 
JUST ME AND THE WAVES
Actually, I wasn't completely alone. Bernie was out there fishing. He is a very nice gentleman that lives nearby. We chatted for a little while. I asked him what was the biggest fish that he ever caught, and he told me 45 pounds.
 MERCY !

When I was in my 20's I did a lot of fishing and I do miss it. Salt water fishing seems a lot more expensive and I could never just stand there all day and watch my pole. Like I told Bernie, I would cast out and then walk back and forth or in circles around the pole all day. Somebody else would have to take the fish off the hook for me too. Maybe I should just stick to walking and working out. 

Anyhow...back to how I became a HOT MESS
  Here is a picture of my workout essentials
 
 
yoga mat, towel,weights,water, 3 workout sheets, exercise band,  timer (phone)
 
TIME TO GET MOVING

I belong to the Mamavation group at    http://www.mamavation.com/ 
It is described on their site as : "
an online docudrama and weight loss support group for moms in social media. It’s both a campaign and Virtual Sorority™ in one."

Every so often they have a two week challenge and I have participated in at least 5 of them. We are halfway through this session. Today was rest day/make up day and I needed to make up a workout from yesterday. 
 
Here is that workout:
 
AB BLASTER
Try to complete this entire routine in one session (take short breaks if needed):

Warm-up: Foot Fires 1.5 minutes


Circuit:

Sit-ups x15
Plank 45 seconds
Crunches x15
Side Plank (Right) 30 seconds
V-ups x15
Side Plank (Left) 30 seconds


Leg Lifts x15

Repeat the circuit two more times – Do a total of 3 circuits


AND...EPIC


Circuit:

Squat Alternating-Dumbbell Shoulder Press x12
Mountain Climber Pushup x15 (mine were altered)
Reaching Side Lunge to Curl x12
Squat Thrust with Push-up x12
Dumbbell Russian Twist x12
Stiff Leg Deadlift and Row x12

Repeat the circuit two more times – Do a total of 3 circuits



You can find the complete two week workout right here
 
 
   I was a little confused if I was supposed to do both of these. 
When in doubt, do them both. Isn't that what everyone does? 
 
There were a whole bunch of Burpees thrown in as well, but I do an altered version of that because of my wrist problems.
 
 Someday I will remind you all how I slipped on a jellyfish and forever damaged both wrists.

Glad it wasn't this one....  whew  

source - http://dangerous-animals-pets.blogspot.com/p/dangerous-jellyfish.html

I ALSO JOINED THE MUSCULAR LEGS MAY GROUP ON FACEBOOK 
(THANK YOU ALI FOR HOOKING ME UP)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229629423799274/


FRIDAY WAS BANANA ROLL DAY, FOR TWO MINUTES, SO I GOT BACK DOWN ON MY AWESOME YOGA MAT  AND FINISHED THAT. 



SHOUT OUT TO GAIAM FOR THEIR GREAT RUBBER BACKED YOGA TOWEL THAT PREVENTS ME FROM SLIPPING

Extra-absorbent, nonslip yoga towel



I WANTED MORE MILES TODAY SO I WENT OUT TO WALK FOR A COUPLE  BEFORE THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE CAME HOME

NOW IT'S TIME TO DO IT AGAIN

HAVE A GREAT DAY !!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.