Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pookie, it's tax day

 Today we observe tax day and I had to use my search engine to find out why exactly we were two days late in doing so. Did you know that yesterday was Emancipation Day?
Personally, I am not fond of Holidays that don't include parades where I can wrestle little kids for candy. In my own defense, I didn't actually wrestle that little girl, I just gave her a mean look and told her that the tootsie rolls were MINE. That's not too harsh is it?

No child was injured in the capturing of this Tootsie Roll




I know that a lot of people enjoyed those extra couple of days to get their taxes done, but I am curious why they don't prepare them ahead of time and just wait until the last minute before dropping the check in the mail.
Every year my friend Pookie (not his real name) is working up to that last day to get his taxes done and I just scratch my head and wonder why does he puts himself through that. After he reads this I am sure that he will tell me exactly why. (waves)

This post was created because I was searching for a meme today and the one that I found all started with a single word. We were to use the word OBSERVE, using the following definition:


3: to celebrate or solemnize (as a ceremony or festival) in a customary or accepted way

 
I think I kind of sucked at it, but I did it. 

Check out the button below and you can join in as well.
                                Hopefully they won't ban me from playing along, due to lack of creativity.

  SIDE NOTE:  Today I had a wonderful walk on the beach and I did annoy observe this Heron.



 




7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge! You did not suck. :) Love your pics, too. So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s this is the FIRST year hubbymoose did NOT file for an extension on our taxes . . . AND we got a small rebate for the first time in about a hundred years. No, I have no clue why he likes to wait, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture was great and I loved the humor in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you taking the time to comment Gina. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. My take is that people don't like to think about how much money they are losing. And they don't like their heads toe explode with the complicated math. So they deeelaayyy. We are more of your camp. Finish early, file on time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, this is a unique response and I like your 'tongue in cheek' humor. I can't really point any fingers here.. I'm a bit of a last minute merchant myself! Thanks for linking up and you certainly didn't suck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.