Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just Dance, or sit on the couch

DAILY CHALLENGE TODAY WAS "SIDE-STEPPING"

  I had to laugh when I saw this challenge and pictured myself last night do this exact same thing. I wear a MYTRAK (if you watch biggest loser, they use them) and the idea is to have the dial turn green by the end of the day. Since I boosted my goal on the MYTRAK (what was I thinking???) I now have to log about 15,000 steps to reach my goal per day.  

  One good thing is that this MYTRAK keeps track of all of your movements, so it measures activities that aren't walking, but are still movements. (cycling..swimming, etc.) I have not done those things, but I think it is still really cool that it does that. 

Anyhow..back to the challenge. Last night I had about 2000 steps to do and it was 10:30 at night. I jogged in place, I side stepped, (told you I did) I jumped up and down, I pretended that I had a jump rope, and I ran circles inside the house from room to room. 

 I think that Kermit said it best with his song. 
It's not that easy being green





Today was sister day and we did Just Dance 3. For two hours we "danced" and that darn gadget still wasn't green. (it is now) You really have to have a big space to do Just Dance 3 with other people. There were three of us today and we really had a lot of fun. 

 At one point, while we are partly through a song, I turned my head to give my sister kudos for her great scoring and what I saw irked surprised me. She was just sitting on the couch, moving her hands. Two thumbs up for you sis. Way to participate.  

  I think it's time to do more "side-stepping" now. 
   See you soon.



1 comment:

  1. Great post! :) I'm new here- thought I would say hello and let you know that I adore your blog so far! Off to stalk the rest of your site... Have a wonderful week, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.