Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts from my head



  It seems that I have finally hit the wall, after going strong week after week (after week after week) Today I just want to sit here. Yesterday I just wanted to sit here. Tomorrow I will just want to sit here. Do you see a pattern? 

 I have logged 210 miles so far this month. For January I logged 255 miles, making my yearly total at 465 miles. It seems safe to say that I will reach my 1800 mile goal, which has already been changed to a 2012 mile goal.   

Monday I leave on  'vacation' and it has me feeling sick to my stomach. Even though I love seeing my family (most of them), I just don't like leaving my comfort zone. Florida is my home and I have a routine here. Even though many people have called me spontaneous in the past, I LOVE routine and I thrive on it. Take me out of my zone and I get all freaky.  

 Everything changes in Omaha. Not only do I lose the sun and the beach (not fair at all), but I am away from my man. Yes, we are still very much together in thought and we have done this long distance thing for the 10 years that we have been together, but I love our time together and I love US. We are so damn good together.   

Before you ask why he isn't going with me; don't ask. (sweet smile) My time in Omaha allows me to bond with my kids and grand kids and sisters without juggling things around our schedule at home. It is much better for him to stay in Florida and continue his normal routine. So yeah, I do enjoy it there, but it still gets hard for me before I leave. 

  Now that I am running I can't help but wonder how I will do in a different environment. My head is already spinning with excuses as to why I won't be able to run. I won't even get into the topic of how much of a freeze baby I am. Bring on the sun!!! 

 My trip is only supposed to last about 4 weeks. I will be packing up the second home and put it up for sale find someone to rent it. We have changed our minds on this 4 times in the past 2 months. It will be great to make a decision and have it happen.   

With gas prices like they are I am now trying to talk MJ out of driving up there at the end of March to pick me up. My wonderful brain tells me that we can store some things there and return for them at a later date. We have lived without some of these items already for over 2 years already. He wants his winter clothes, but they aren't going to do him any good now.   

So anyhow, hope you enjoyed the ramble. I have talked myself into a workout. Just Dance 3 is waiting.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way about routine and "my time". Any little glitch in my routine and it throws me way off. Hope you have a wonderful vacation and you find a "vacation routine"

    Deb from DailyMile

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.