Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DEAR SCALE, I HATE YOU TODAY



I feel depressed -

I belong to the Mamavation group and the two week challenge. This is my third challenge with them. Today I took out my paperwork to write down my weight and inches. Nothing has change. NOTHING.   sigh

For the past two years I have been logging my steps and keeping track of the miles that I have walked. Last year I made it to 1400 miles and I was so excited. My goal for this year is 1800 (secretly it is 2012, but don't tell my guy because he didn't want me to to go so high). As of today I have logged 360 miles. Not only do I average 8 miles per day, but I also do at least 3 workouts per week (5 during the mamavation challenges).
Why hasn't my scale budged? Why haven't my inches come off? I do not eat too much and I don't eat a lot of the wrong things. It would probably be smart to log my food, but that takes so long to do that, having to search everything.
Most likely my problem is a thyroid issue and I just don't want to face it. I know I have a goiter and I know that my thyroid balance has been off in the past. Right now I don't have insurance and it is so hard for me to spend money, even if it is for my health. Is it true that I could go on and on like this and never lose weight again? It is depressing me and I am ready to stop eating, even though I know that it won't help.
It just feels like the walls are caving in on me.

I just needed to say this, so that I can move on now. If anyone reads this, thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a thyroid condition. It made me gain weight and my doctor told me once I went on the medication, I would have to work to lose the weight, even though I gained it just from the thyroid imbalance. Ugh! Maybe your scale doesn't budge because you do the same thing every day? Try changing it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.