Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just how far is 528 miles?

UPDATE

LAST WEEK = 25.43 MILES
TOTAL  = 528 MILES

I have been a walker for years and have logged my steps at various times.
These figures below only relate to the 400 mile challenge

Started January 16, 2011

I have been on this journey for 122 days


Want to know how many days between two dates?

GO HERE


I have completed 528 miles


If I walked 528 miles at 4 mph = 132 hours of walking  = 5.5 days

If I had started with a new pair of shoes, it would be time to change them 
=====

RANDOM .. NON IMPORTANT FACTS-STUFF

I could have walked the  Israel Trail  
(528-mile long trekking route)


I could have walked The Pennsylvania Turnpike
 
(including its extensions, is 528 miles long)


Satellites orbit at an altitude of 528 miles
(I could be sitting on a Satellite right now)


I could have done 990 laps at Bristol Motor Speedway

I was 2 miles shy of traveling the Rio Napo, the longest river in Ecuador
The same goes for the Colorado river in central Argentina


This is the distance in miles

From Fort Walton Beach, Florida to Houston, Texas 

  From Omaha, Nebraska to Duluth, Minnesota

From Augusta, GA to Jackson, MS

From Chicago, IL  to Morgantown, West Virginia


From Zimbabwe to Maputo, Mozambique

From Los Angeles, CA to Mendocino, CA

From the Atlantic coast to the Mediterranean sea


==================

Here is where I walked instead...
remember..you can click the pictures to see them enlarged

My first night back in May

A path to the beach

A path through the park

Rain forest at Omaha zoo





Hazy night at sunset

morning sun from the beach

morning sun from our front door

Omaha  yard in late March

My new friend

happy feet in Omaha

 
The Botanical Garden in Omaha


Enjoying a walk on the beach
IF YOU ASK ME, THIS BEATS
WALKING FROM 
Zimbabwe to Maputo, Mozambique

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You inspire me to try this challenge. Where can I find it?
    booksnobsblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathing life back into this challenge.. Who is in??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've inspired me too! Amazing. How does it go? "The longest journey starts with just one step." I'm not sure that's even close. Send me the challenge too.
    Thx for sharing,
    Sandra
    sandrameek@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.