Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Can my new shoes last me 500 miles?

SUNDAY IS THE DAY THAT US GALS USUALLY UPDATE OUR WALKING PROGRESS.
Eh, I am only two days late. 

It's not like anyone is racing here to see how I did, and I think that is why I am so darn slow posting.

THIS IS GOING TO CHANGE VERY SOON .. JUST YOU WATCH AND SEE

BEFORE I RAMBLE ABOUT MY NEW SHOES.. HERE IS MY WEEKLY UPDATE

I LOGGED 30 MILES LAST WEEK
THAT BRINGS MY TOTAL TO 503 MILES

I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT REACHING 500 MILES, REALLY I AM.  :::FLASHING MY EXCITED FACE:::

SPEAKING OF EXCITED ....  

WE DROVE TO PENSACOLA LAST WEEK TO SPEND THE $200 GIFT CARD THAT I WON FOR SPORTS AUTHORITY, AND WE DID AN AWESOME JOB DOING THAT.
YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY.   I WON $200 !!  

WOO FRICKEN HOO !!

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE ITEMS THAT WE FOUND
VALUE BEFORE SALE PRICES = $340
MJ HAD TO REACH INTO HIS POCKET TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE, AFTER THEY TOOK OFF THE GIFT CARD THAT I WON. TOTAL COST FOR US WAS 36 CENTS. CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THE "CENTS" SIGN?

SEE THOSE AWESOME SHOES? THOSE ARE MY NEW RUNNING SHOES. I WILL NOT BE DOING ANY RUNNING IN THEM, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM ANY LESS AWESOME.  THEY ARE THE BEST SHOES THAT I HAVE EVER HAD, AND THEY ARE KEEPING ME OFF OF THE BEACH.  I WANT TO WEAR THESE SHOES WHEN I WALK, AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT I AM GETTING THEM NEAR THE SAND. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF OTHER REASONS WHY I AM STAYING OFF OF THE BEACH, BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY. 

THE SALESMAN MUST HAVE JUST HAD A headache BLAST HELPING ME AS I MADE MY CHOICE OF SHOES. ONE PAIR AT A TIME HE WOULD GO BACK AND HALF OF THE TIME HE RETURNED WITHOUT MY SIZE. IT SHOULD BE A LAW THAT THEY CARRY MY SIZE AT ALL TIMES, JUST IN CASE I SHOW UP. HE SUGGESTED THE RUNNING SHOES VERSUS THE WALKING SHOES AND I WAS NOT HAVING ANY PART OF THAT. (I saw the prices) WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THE UGLY STRIPES THEY PUT ON THEM?? LIKE I TOLD MJ "I AM NOT DIRECTING TRAFFIC IN THEM"  
 LOL I CRACK MYSELF UP. 

MOST RUNNING SHOES HAVE MESH OVER THE TOES AND I HAD A FIT WITH ONE PAIR BECAUSE I COULD SEE MY SOCKS THROUGH THEM. 

NEGATIVE, MR. SALESMAN...RETURN THIS PAIR TO THE BACK ROOM. 

HE SEEMED A LITTLE ANNOYED AMUSED AT MY DILEMMA. I GUESS NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO DJ ...... GOOD JOB DUDE.

I FOUND A PAIR OF SHOES THAT I LIKED
 
AS WE TALKED I SHOWED HIM THE SHAPE OF MY OLD SHOES, WHICH ARE ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD. I THINK HE WARMED UP TO ME A LITTLE, BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY HAD A CONVERSATION. HE MENTIONED THAT HE HAD HEARD SOMEWHERE THAT A GOOD PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES SHOULD LAST 500 MILES.

I HAVE COME TO THIS CONCLUSION...

FACT #1  A GOOD PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES = 500 MILES
FACT #2  I WILL NOT BE RUNNING IN THEM
DEDUCTION =  THEY WILL LAST MORE THAN 500 MILES

SO THERE YA GO..THE POST ABOUT MY NEW SHOES

STAY TUNED FOR THE POST ON MY NEW HEELS THAT I WILL NEVER WEAR OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE AND PLAN ON PASSING ON TO MY DAUGHTER WHO IS 25.

If I was half my age..I would totally be running in these

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 500 miles!! I actually just started walking/jogging but I'm now going to see if my shoes last 500 miles. Oh and winning a $200 gift card? Woo Hoo is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36 cents for all that stuff?? awesome, lol!! love those heels...your daughter is lucky to get them!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.