Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I HAVE A WONDERFUL MAN, AND TODAY I WILL SHARE WITH YOU HOW SPECIAL HE IS. IF YOU READ MY BLOG YOU WILL KNOW THAT I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE 400 MILE CHALLENGE FOR 2011. OF COURSE YOU KNOW THAT , BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY THING I BLOG ABOUT.  (DARN RUT)

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I PASSED THE GOAL (YAY ME)
TODAY I AM BLABBING TO MY GUY AND I TELL HIM HOW I AM NOW AT 450 MILES AND MAYBE I SHOULD SET A NEW GOAL. 

ME:   HOW ABOUT I DOUBLE THE ORIGINAL GOAL AND MAKE IT 800?

(this sounds very logical to me)

I LOOK OVER AT HIM AND I CAN SEE HE IS DOING MATH IN HIS HEAD (oh no)

HIM: YOU CAN DO 150 MILES A MONTH. 

ACTUALLY, HE SAID "WEEK" AND I ABOUT FELL OFF THE COUCH, BUT HE MEANT MONTH.

I am really good at fibbing  math, so I say...

ME:  OK... THE GOAL IS NOW 1200. I HAVE 750 MORE TO GO.

He is better at math than I am and corrects me. 
My new goal is 1350 miles by the end of the year, which means that I have only 900 more to go. 

ISN'T HE WONDERFUL  ????

===================================
WITH THAT SAID..HERE IS MY UPDATE

LAST WEEK I LOGGED 20 MILES
TOTAL MILES TO DATE = 450

======================================================

I SPEND MY MORNINGS ENTERING GIVEAWAYS INSTEAD OF CHASING THE SUNRISE LIKE I USED TO DO. IN ORDER TO GET THE BEST VIEW THIS TIME OF THE YEAR, I HAVE TO WANDER OVER TO AN EMPTY LOT AROUND THE CORNER. 

THANK GOODNESS I WEAR MY SHOES (LEARNED THAT LESSON QUICK)

CAN YOU SEE THOSE THORNS??? IT MUST HAVE BEEN QUITE THE SIGHT ON DAY ONE WHEN I WENT BAREFOOT AND I HAD A FOOT FULL OF THESE THINGS. LET ME TELL YOU, IT IS HARD WORK STANDING ON ONE FOOT WHILE PULLING STICKERS OUT OF THE OTHER FOOT. I REALLY DON'T LIKE WEARING SHOES, SO THAT'S ONE REASON THAT I DON'T GO OVER THERE TO GET PICTURES. ANOTHER REASON IS THE BIG SIGN THAT SAYS NO TRESPASSING


THIS WATER IS CALLED THE "SOUND". I AM SURE IT HAS ANOTHER NAME. I AM ANXIOUS FOR THAT SUN TO GET BACK OVER TO OUR SIDE OF THE STREET. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IT HAS BEEN HOT..BUT BEAUTIFUL

I'LL BE BACK

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome goal. Good for you! I totally need to get off my butt and do something healthy. But instead I am sitting here browsing blogs. : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.