Sunday, May 15, 2011

400 mile challenge .. Update with pictures


  I am still participating in the 400 mile challenge, but it has not become much of a challenge for me. At this point I am merely adding the miles from my pedometer and sending them in. For that last few weeks it is like I am just getting by. 
 There is usually one good day in there where I take a longer walk or I do a lot of yard work and it brings my total up to what my average has been. 
 To me, it is not a challenge if I just stay in my norm; that would be silly, so it is time to give myself a true challenge. 
 What is that challenge going to be? I have no idea, but you will all know when I find out. (smiles)



This is a picture that I took on my way to the zoo. It was in the afternoon and I was actually hiding on the overpass to drink a beer. My intention was to drink the beer at my friend's house,  but she wasn't home.  Yeah, so I broke the law and I drank a beer in public. I don't think anyone saw me. 


Even though I was at the zoo to see the animals, the bright colors kept jumping out at me. For some reason, I have been fascinated with trees lately. 

This old gal here kept posing so that I could take her picture


And this old gal was posing when I was stuck inside while it rained for 2 days.

 THIS WEEK I LOGGED 16.50 MILES ON MY PEDOMETER
MY PREVIOUS MILES WERE 261
 TOTAL MILES SINCE I STARTED = 278 

MY FIRST NEW GOAL IS TO REACH 300 MILES BY THE NEXT UPDATE

THERE WILL BE MORE GOALS COMING AS I GET SETTLED BACK INTO MY FLORIDA HOME. 


2 comments:

  1. Great job at staying up with the challenge. I wear my pedometer as well and just add in what ever it says at the end of the day. I love how so many things count and I have been weeding like mad and painting the house. Looking forwarded to seeing what your personal challenge is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ronalee,
    I am so glad that you checked in. Who's MJ and what are you doing in Omaha? I love the pictures you posted. You look great! What a beautiful place to be. 17 miles is a good number. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers,
    Shanae
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.