Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweet Saturday

During my morning walk;  I just had to peek at the beach.
   Today I spent hours reading blogs from Follow Friday blog hop. I had to pull myself away so that I could go for my walk and take some pictures. It was our first day back to our normal routine and it felt great to be out for a couple of hours in the fresh air. I won't complain about the weather only being in the 40s, because I know that others are not so lucky. 
   After my walk, I got on the treadmill for about 20 minutes until MJ pulled up. It drives me nuts that all the people can see me when they walk by the workout room, I just want to get that off my chest. 
   We settled in to watch some shows that he had recorded and I did more blog reading. Today I came across so many crafty sites and cooking sites. I can't wait to start sewing and crocheting again. My creative side is stirring, so I let it carry over into tonight's dinner. 
I am going to name this..  
"Healthy, until you get to the biscuits"
  It was time to use up some of my stock pile.
1. Added Lawry's herb & garlic marinade to my 1 1/4 pounds of stew meat. 
    This is typically used for chicken and fish, but I figured I would give it a try on meat. 
     I was pleased with the flavor. (10 calories per tablespoon)
 
 2. Marinated it for about 3 hours in refrigerator.
     (I did get rid of that nasty piece of fat there before cooking)
3. I put the meat in frying pan and cooked it for about 15 minutes and started boiling water in a saucepan.
4. I cooked up my fettuccine from Ronzoni. The pasta that provides a full serving of vegetables in every 4 ounce portion. (tomato, carrots, and spinach blend)  190 calories per serving.
5.  With five minutes to go, I threw some frozen vegetables in the microwave to steam.
     Only 50 calories per serving.
6. Laid the fettuccine on the plate, covered with meat, and topped with the vegetables.
7. Added biscuits, and served. 
    Had I known that one biscuit was 180 calories I would have skipped it. OMG
  MJ is not a big vegetable eater, but he wasn't complaining when I served this. Halfway through dinner I noticed that he has eaten all of the steak and was working on the vegetables, leaving most of the fettuccine on his place. My plate, on the other hand, was running out of fettuccine and veggies, but still had plenty of meat. It seemed only right to switch plates, so that is what we did. We both left the table with full, happy stomachs, and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
 I am happy with the way that this meal turned out. Tomorrow we will have fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cream corn. I wouldn't want him to leave me for cooking too healthy. (smiling)
And for those that read my last post...have a look at this shiny sink !!    TA-DA !!
 until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile.