Monday, February 7, 2011

My carrot cake is the bomb...just sayin

WHAT'S COOKING?



CARROT CAKE

4 EGGS
1 1/4 CUPS VEGETABLE OIL
2 CUPS GRANULATED SUGAR
2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT
2 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
2 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
2 TEASPOONS GROUND CINNAMON
3 CUPS GRATED CARROTS
1/2 CUPS CHOPPED PECANS

FOR FROSTING:

1/2 CUP BUTTER, SOFTENED
8 OUNCES CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
4 CUPS CONFECTIONERS SUGAR
1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
1/2 CUP CHOPPED PECANS

DIRECTIONS:

1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. GREASE AND FLOUR A 9 x 13 INCH PAN.

2. IN A LARGE BOWL; BEAT TOGETHER EGGS, OIL, GRANULATED SUGAR, AND 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA. 


MIX IN FLOUR, BAKING SODA, BAKING POWDER, SALT AND CINNAMON. 



STIR IN CARROTS. 


FOLD IN PECANS. 


POUR INTO PREPARED PAN. 


3. BAKE IN PREHEATED OVEN FOR 40-50 MINUTES, OR UNTIL A TOOTHPICK INSERTED INTO THE CENTER OF THE CAKE COMES OUT CLEAN. LET COOL IN PAN FOR 10 MINUTES, THEN TURN OUT ONTO A WIRE RACK AND COOL COMPLETELY. 

TIME FOR THE FROSTING 


4. TO MAKE FROSTING: IN A MEDIUM BOWL, COMBINE BUTTER, CREAM CHEESE, CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR, AND 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT. BEAT UNTIL THE MIXTURE IS SMOOTH AND CREAMY. STIR IN CHOPPED PECANS. 


FROST THE COOLED CAKE. 


5. ENJOY.

(I know you didn't need this many pictures, but you got them anyhow)
p.s. I always have leftover frosting, so I freeze it and use it later

6 comments:

  1. I will take a pound of the frosting. LOL
    Sounds great. Maybe I will have to make it some day. Doesn't seem too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this for sure. Maybe for my son's birthday since he doesn't eat cake anyway. Thanks for stopping by - I'm going to have to check that read it forward thing out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my favorite cake, I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Thanks for the visit to My Reading Corner today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious!! I love that you put chopped pecans in it!! That would taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE carrot cake!! How did you know?? I have been looking for a good recipe for a long time! Thanks so much! I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks wonderful! I love carrot cake. I think I know what I am making this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.