Thursday, February 3, 2011

I USED TO...



I USED TO ...
     Wake up early. On golf days (4 days a week), we would wake up at 5 and MJ would leave for golf at 6. Lately, 8 am is early for me, and I have even stayed in bed past 10 in the last few weeks. In my defense, we are staying up until 2 am, but I would much rather go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. Soon, we will get back on track.

I USED TO ...
     Walk on the beach and catch the sunrise. I miss this, and to me it is worth waking up to see the sun come up. I don't mind the cold, because it only takes about 15 minutes to watch, and then I can get back inside.

I USED TO ...
     Clean the dishes before bed. It angers me that I don't do this. Today I timed myself and it literally took me 3 minutes to empty and refill the dishwasher. Seriously, I don't have 3 minutes after dinner to do this???

I USED TO ...
     Shine the sink every night. Flylady.net has an awesome site and it really helps helped me to stay organized. Part of the routine is to keep your kitchen sink sparkling.

I USED TO ...
     Plan a menu for the week. This ended about six weeks ago when I sprained both of my wrists. (someday I will stop bringing this up) Cooking became harder to do, without help from MJ, and I kept my meals simple. This week I have taken the steps to get this back.

I USED TO ...
     Go into AOL chat rooms for hours. I don't miss this, but I do miss my best friend. We used to spend hours together every days, and now we are lucky to get one hour in the whole week.

I USED TO ...
     Read 3-4 books a week. I love reading and I still can't believe that I stopped doing this. I do read blogs, but that is more like bouncing around page to page. It just isn't the same as getting lost  in a good book.

I USED TO ...
     Weigh 118 pounds. Add 15, and that's where I am now.     BOO

I USED TO ...
      Have thin limp hair. Since last June, I have been using Mane & Tail. It has worked wonders, but now I think I am a little hoarse...(cough cough)

I USED TO ... 
     Sing and dance around the house. MJ has been home for almost 3 weeks, and although he adores my singing and dancing, I prefer to do this in private.

I USED TO ...
     Drink 8 glasses of water. Not really sure what happened here.

I USED TO ...
     Have a job when I went to Omaha. I am sure that my boss will come to her senses when I return in March.

I USED TO ...
     Run my mouth, but I am all grown up now.

I USED TO ...
     Believe that I would receive the $17,000 owed in back child support. We all have our dreams.

I USED TO...
      Spend 5 minutes every night in quiet, reflecting on my happiness. I miss those minutes and I vow to do this again very soon.

I USED TO...
  
    Smoke cigarettes. $1615 = how much money I have saved by not smoking for 323 days.



2 comments:

  1. I used to go to church. I used to be skinny. Life has changed and I am going with the flow. I liked this thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It will serve as motivation for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.