Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE



1.  Will you watch the Super Bowl?  If so who will you root for?

    MJ and I will be watching the Super Bowl from our home. I imagine that we will eat more than we should and empty a few beer bottles. Since we have to pick one of the teams... Go Packers !

2. Is ignorance bliss?

   After thinking this one over I am going with YES. I am not going into details on why I feel this way, because it's just too darn personal for me this week. My answer might change next week.


3.  Which of the seven dwarfs are you?  (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)

Not Bashful, but I might seem that way if I am around a lot of people that I have no interest in. Not Doc, but I have been known to play nurse on occasion. I used to be Grumpy, but divorce solved that problem. I would have to say I am part Sneezy (and they are such loud sneezes) and part Sleepy, because we stay up way too late, but mostly, I am just plain HAPPY !


4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? 

Men in the front and the women in the back. I will sit behind my man, so that we can touch. (smiling)



5.  What is beauty?

Beauty is anything that softens your heart in some way.


6.  If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert
to a party in their home, which would you choose? 

I would most likely bring a dessert.

7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?   

My home made chicken nuggets. I tried to find the recipe and I didn't have any luck. Here are the basics.

Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Dip chicken in egg and coat with flour (add salt, pepper, and garlic powder) to your liking) I shake it in a baggy and it works great.
  Fry the chicken in oil. I use my fry daddy for about 4-5 minutes.
  Once this chicken is drained I coat it with a mixture honey and soy sauce. I do about 2 parts honey to 1 part soy sauce. (around 1/4 cups honey) Sorry I don't have exact measurements.
  Bake in 250 oven for 15 minute to let it soak up the flavor.  Very simple and very tasty.


8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

   This is my first Hodgepodge and I hope to participate for many more. Feel free to visit and follow my blog. I am a beginner, but I hope that my occasional ramblings will bring a smile to others.



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined in the hodgepodge...there was a wide range of answers on #2 today : ). Your chicken sounds good. I'm collecting party ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Welcome to the Hodgepodge!

    First, thank you for visiting my blog today! It is always so nice to meet a fellow blogger!

    So, you live in Florida? So do I! I'm in the Panhandle, but I used to live down south.

    I enjoyed your answer, but mostly I love your blog layout! The picture at the top of it is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also live in the Panhandle.Thank you for the comment on my layout and picture. I am using my creative skills where I can; they are all I have right now. (smiles)

    And thank you again Joyce, I am glad I found your blog to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog Ronalee. It's so nice to meet you! ~ I loved your answer to #5. ~ Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need your 'measurements' for the nuggets... I've boycotted McDonalds because I heard somewhere that their meat doesn't rot and that freaked me out a bit! Thanks for stopping by my family blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura.. I emailed you the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.