Sunday, January 30, 2011

Relaxing day at home

 The bad thing about staying up past midnight is that I sleep too late the next day. MJ kisses my cheek and sneaks from the room, closing the door behind. Part of me wishes that he didn't close that door, because I know that I will drift off into dreamland. Don't get me wrong, I do love to sleep, but I always know that later in the day I will want those extra minutes for something else.

 We had our coffee and toast and I settled in to read my emails. I found out that I was a winner in a giveaway last night. 

Naked Fitness: The Proven 28 Day Lifestyle Program for a Slimmer, Fitter, Pain Free Body 

 Doesn't that sound exciting? MJ wasn't real impressed, but he will be 28days after I get the book. (hehe) The other day I had to coach him how to cheer for me. I won a $50 visa  gift card and he just didn't seem as enthusiastic as I had hoped. I have faith in him that he will improve. Perhaps he is waiting for me to win something real big. 

 We had tacos for lunch and ate so much that it has pushed our normal fried chicken dinner until tomorrow, which will push my normal oatmeal night to Tuesday. By the time we get back into our normal routine I will be in Omaha and then everything will be out of control again. Usually I have a job when I get to Omaha, but I don't think I have one anymore. I know from experience that I can't even think about those things now or I will make myself sick.

 Time just flew by today and it was almost dark before I headed out for my walk. It was starting to sprinkle, so I stayed reasonably close to home and managed to get 4200 steps before it got too dark. We settled in to watch TV and I attended a flash giveaway on facebook. I spent a long time today signing up for giveaways, but I must admit that I am proud of myself for only entering things that I would really use. (Except for the stroller, because that was just too cool to pass up a chance on.)

 We had turkey sandwiches for a dinner in lieu of the fried chicken. The other day I bought the Oscar Mayer carved meats that I had a coupon for. I would never pay the $4.50 for it, but it was marked $2 off and I had a $1 coupon. It was once heck of a deal, but i was still a little disappointed to only get 2 1/2 sandwiches out of it. The package said 4 servings, but they have got to be kidding. Then again, maybe this explains why we are both gaining weight.

 I guess that is enough rambling for tonight. Until next time...

(4204 steps  1.34 miles)

1 comment:

  1. I am a night owl myself... It really does screw up the day though doesn't it. Congratulations on the win! I only enter for things that I want or can give as gifts. I also enter for baby things that I can donate at Christmas time. I love to donate at Christmas and what better items then for children. You are really sticking to your walking. I have to start tomorrow exercising but it will most likely be a bike that I start with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.